Divine Identity; interesting article from many perspectives

  • norebo_601
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2012
      All,

      I've stumbled across this very thought-provoking article by a doctor and spiritualist named Peter Holleran.

      http://www.mountainrunnerdoc.com/PBandPlotinus.html

      It is a nuanced investigation into the fallacy of identification with the One. The piece is informed predominantly by Plotinus and Paul Brunton, but also draws notably on the works of others. The goal of the piece is original understanding rather than Plotinian exegesis, so this allows Dr. Holleran to engage in some interesting tangents (some of which address certain "problems" with reconciling the positions of various faiths and philosophical traditions).

      Enjoy!

      -Norebo
    • Bradley Skene
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2012
        Are there any x-rays on that site showing a subluxation? Or links to any
        articles in the Lancet or JAMA describing a subluxation, or large
        double-blind, well-controlled trials proving the efficacy of Chiropractic
        manipulation as a general medical treatment?

        If not, doesn't that cast doubt on his ability to interpret Neoplatonic or
        any other kinds of texts? Won't he be interpreting anything he analyzes on
        the basis of a modern and demonstrably false world view, that has nothing
        to do with Neoplatonism?

        Cheers,

        Bradley A. Skene

      • dgallagher@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2012
          Ought one first read, and then demonstrate the demonstrably false?
          Comment on the article would be more welcome.

          David