Re: FW: Ficino and Imablichus at UCL

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 13, 2012
      I don't suppose it's on the list for I Tatti?

      I was lucky enough to find quite by chance, surfing, a jpeg of some of the beginning of it, two or three pages, from a Japanese site, as I recall, I think it was of a library that held a copy of one of the early printed editions, and remarkably it proved useful to a piece I was writing at the time.

      Perhaps some other version has been scanned in at Google Books by now? I haven't looked in a while, but would be the best way to get at the text for now, I would think.

      Dennis Clark

      --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, Ted Hand <ted.hand@...> wrote:

      > Nope. Michael Allen has done a ton of work on Ficino's engagement with
      > Proclus,
      > but we really need an edition of Ficino's Iamblichus.
      >
      > On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM, vaeringjar <vaeringjar@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Oh, I do wish I could attend that lecture - Ficino's 'version' - I won't
      > > call it a translation - of de Mysteriis has no modern edition still, does
      > > it?
      > >
      > > Dennis Clark
      > >
      > > --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, "Clark, Stephen" <srlclark@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >

      > > > ________________________________

    • Ted Hand
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 13, 2012
        I've seen scans online, don't have a link handy though.

      • Christoph Helmig
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 13, 2012
          Dear Dennis,

          some years ago, I bought the works of Ficino (including his
          "Iamblichus") as a
          facsimile edition via the Ficino society (www.ficino.it/lavori_fr.htm).
          Maybe this reprint is still available?
          In any case, the people from the society will probably know what is
          available online.

          All best
          Christoph

          Am 14.11.2012 05:15, schrieb vaeringjar:

          > I don't suppose it's on the list for I Tatti?
          >
          > I was lucky enough to find quite by chance, surfing, a jpeg of some of
          > the beginning of it, two or three pages, from a Japanese site, as I
          > recall, I think it was of a library that held a copy of one of the
          > early printed editions, and remarkably it proved useful to a piece I
          > was writing at the time.
          >
          > Perhaps some other version has been scanned in at Google Books by now?
          > I haven't looked in a while, but would be the best way to get at the
          > text for now, I would think.
          >
          > Dennis Clark
          >
          > --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:neoplatonism%40yahoogroups.com>, Ted Hand <ted.hand@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Nope. Michael Allen has done a ton of work on Ficino's engagement with
          > > Proclus,
          > > but we really need an edition of Ficino's Iamblichus.
          > >
          > > On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM, vaeringjar <vaeringjar@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > **
          > > >

          > > > Oh, I do wish I could attend that lecture - Ficino's 'version' - I
          > won't
          > > > call it a translation - of de Mysteriis has no modern edition
          > still, does
          > > > it?
          > > >
          > > > Dennis Clark
          > > >
          > > > --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:neoplatonism%40yahoogroups.com>, "Clark, Stephen" <srlclark@>

        • Ted Hand
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 14, 2012
            there is a funky text file available but I dunno if it's accurate
            http://www.aussagenlogik.org/iamblichus-de-mysteriis-aegyptiorum/

          • Ted Hand
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 14, 2012
              try this
              http://digital.tcl.sc.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/IOEPP/id/165/rec/10

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 14, 2012
                Thanks, that one is really nicely presented, but I think just a sample.

                The best I could ever do, though it a couple of years ago and perhaps now there is better, is a 17th century edition of Ficino's work from this site:

                http://www2.biusante.parisdescartes.fr/livanc/?cote=01177x02&do=livre

                from Bibliothèque interuniversitaire de Santé in Paris.

                I have no idea how faithful this edition is, being 200 years later, and I haven't really delved into it since I found it. I believe though his complete Latin works are included there.

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 14, 2012
                  hmmm, I know one is out there. I'll keep digging