Re: Pythagorean medicine

  • Melanie Brawn Mineo
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2004
      --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, "Tzvi Langermann" <ytl@m...> wrote:

      From Phil Meade, a friend and colleague:

      "In regards to Pythagorean medicine, Alcmaeon was a Pythagorean
      Crotonian Physician during the early days of the movement. Fragments
      of his works survive in Diels' Presocratic fragments. Iamblichus in
      his 'Life of Pythagoras,' has a chapter on How Pythagoras cured by
      music. Harmony is one of the mainstays for the balanced life... Hope
      this helps."

      > My query does not relate directly to neoplatonism but still this
      group seems
      > to offer the only hope of assistance.
      >
      > I am looking for information concerning Pythagorean medical theory.
      I have