Giving form to matter and elements

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31 2:25 PM
      List,

      As the cook in the family preparing for a meal, I referred to a cookbook that some at the conference in Atlanta wanted to know more about. I promised to get back to them. I forgot. Anyway, here it is.

      The Philosopher's Kitchen

      It is a marvelous cookbook presenting classical, modern interpretations and variations of classical, and Mediterranean cuisines. A marvelous delight of a book! Alchemy in the kitchen!

      There are other classical cookbooks. I like this best.
      Thomas

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2011
        And the chapter on the Neoplatonists is relentlessly vegetarian?!?

        But tasty nonetheless?

        Dennis Clark

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2011
          No, more like multplying the forms of serving the same dish.

          Sections include why never have Pyrrho or Sextus Empiricus ahead of you in a buffet line, never ask a Cynic about table manners. Epicureans are in the weight watchers section. The Alexandrian school is in food preservation. A of Tyana is in the section on how to bring your food to life. It comes right after the Mithraic section on how to serve beef au jus. The Dionysian section covers wines. Secret ingredients are discussed in the cereal, beer, and bread section along with Demeter and Persephone.