Re: Seeking Hermia's Phaedrus commentary in English

    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 15, 2011
      --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, "marcusaurelius09" <marcusaurelius09@...> wrote:

      > It would be nice to have - I know there's some bits of it in English in Thomas Taylor's translation of Proclus' Timaeus Commentary...

      Now that is interesting, thanks for pointing that out, as I personally was not aware Taylor had included those there. Busy guy! :)

      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 16, 2011
        --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, Greg Kramer <gregkramer7@...> wrote:

        > On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Dennis Clark wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >
        > > ... So, yes, it would be great to have an English translation at last, and
        > > it is another of those great opportunities still out there for translation
        > > work in Neoplatonism. Such as Proclus' Platonic Theology. Now there is a
        > > major one just waiting - or is someone hard at work on that as well?
        > >

        > Hi Dennis,
        >
        > See:
        >
        > http://www.prometheustrust.co.uk/html/8_-_theology.html

        Yes, thanks - I am definitely aware of Taylor's, oh yes, read lots of it, but I meant to say a modern one based on the latest modern edition of the Greek text - not to slight in any way at all of Taylor's accomplishment.