New Commentary on the Letter of Speusippus to Philip II

  • Marilynn Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2002
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 10:59:54 +1000
      From: Tony Natoli <a.natoli@...>
      Subject: Re: posting to the list

      Dear Reader,
      Thefollowing internet address :
      http://www.library.unsw.edu.au/~psl/14.htm contains the scanned images
      (not brilliant, I'm afraid) of Appendix I of my Commentary on the
      Letter of Speusippus to Philip II of Macedon, which is currently
      looking for a publisher.
      The argument that the thirty-first Socratic Letter is in fact a genuine
      work of Plato is not new, but the case for the authenticity of the work
      is here given for the first time.
      Some of the material was presented recently at a conference on Plato's
      Ancient Readers at the University of Newcastle, Australia. However as
      the authenticity of the letter was not the primary subject of my
      presentation on that occasion, I feel that I should make the complete
      argument for authenticity available in the scholarly arena for comment.
      I look forward to receiving your comments.

      Tony Natoli

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Tony Natoli
      Email: a.natoli@...