IJPT Journal

    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2011
      Hello everyone - just wondering if anyone has received the latest volume of IJPT? I just looked online, and it appears to be out, but I have not gotten mine yet. Am I jumping the gun? Imagine that...thanks!

      Dennis Clark
    • Finamore, John F
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2011
        Dennis,

        I haven�t received a hard copy yet either. There is a lag between the journal appearing on line electronically and the physical copy being delivered through the mail. I assume that the hard copy is making its way to us. I�ll see if I can find anything further about the matter than that.

        John

        John F. Finamore
        Department of Classics
        210 Jefferson Building
        University of Iowa
        Iowa City, IA 52242
        Office: (319) 335-0288
        FAX: (319) 335-3884
        E-Mail: JOHN-FINAMORE@...
        Homepage: http://www.uiowa.edu/~classics/finamore/index.html

        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2011
          Great, thanks, John. Usually I go home the day I ask here, and it's happily waiting in my mailbox, and happy days those it appears, like receiving a present. This volume as all the rest has many things of interest to me, especially that article on Syrianus but others of course too.

          Dennis Clark

          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2011
            Dennis,

            I have just heard back from the person at Brill I thought could answer my question. She says that my interpretation�that the hard copies are wending their way to us�is probably correct, and then she gave me the name of someone else to write (in a different division) if I wanted to make sure. So, I am writing that other person. It�s nice to know that state universities are not the only places that help keep Kafka alive.

            John

            Message 5 of 8 , May 4, 2011
              Dennis,

              No further news. The second editor also thought that it was likely that the current issue was in the mail, and she suggested that I check with the first editor I had written about it. (Kafka is indeed alive and well.) I think at this point we should just assume that some disembodied being (with no email address) has in fact put the journal in the mail.

              John

              On 5/4/11 12:48 PM, "vaeringjar" <vaeringjar@...> wrote:

              Great, thanks, John. Usually I go home the day I ask here, and it's happily waiting in my mailbox, and happy days those it appears, like receiving a present. This volume as all the rest has many things of interest to me, especially that article on Syrianus but others of course too.

              Dennis Clark

              --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com <mailto:neoplatonism%40yahoogroups.com> , "Finamore, John F" <john-finamore@...> wrote:

              > Dennis,
              >
              > I haven't received a hard copy yet either. There is a lag between the journal appearing on line electronically and the physical copy being delivered through the mail. I assume that the hard copy is making its way to us. I'll see if I can find anything further about the matter than that.
              >
              > John
              >
              > John F. Finamore
              > Department of Classics
              > 210 Jefferson Building
              > University of Iowa
              > Iowa City, IA 52242
              > Office: (319) 335-0288
              > FAX: (319) 335-3884
              > E-Mail: JOHN-FINAMORE@...
              > Homepage: http://www.uiowa.edu/~classics/finamore/index.html
              >

              > On 5/4/11 12:17 PM, "vaeringjar" <vaeringjar@...> wrote:
              >

              > Hello everyone - just wondering if anyone has received the latest volume of IJPT? I just looked online, and it appears to be out, but I have not gotten mine yet. Am I jumping the gun? Imagine that...thanks!

            • Kathryn Evans
              Message 6 of 8 , May 4, 2011
                John,

                Our daughter, who is graduating from CalArts this month, emailed me this
                week to say she had written a 25 page paper on Kafka. So, indeed alive and
                well.

                All Best,

                Kathryn

                Message 7 of 8 , May 4, 2011
                  Thanks, John, for going to all that trouble!

                  I will look forward to getting it and post something when I do.

                  I will be happy to get my copy, as long of course as it has no apples embedded it...like poor Gregor Samsa...! :)

                  Ja, Kafka lebt noch...

                  Dennis Clark

                  --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, "Finamore, John F" <john-finamore@...> wrote:

                  > Dennis,
                  >
                  > No further news. The second editor also thought that it was likely that the current issue was in the mail, and she suggested that I check with the first editor I had written about it. (Kafka is indeed alive and well.) I think at this point we should just assume that some disembodied being (with no email address) has in fact put the journal in the mail.
                  >
                  > John
                  >

                  > On 5/4/11 12:48 PM, "vaeringjar" <vaeringjar@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > Great, thanks, John. Usually I go home the day I ask here, and it's happily waiting in my mailbox, and happy days those it appears, like receiving a present. This volume as all the rest has many things of interest to me, especially that article on Syrianus but others of course too.
                  >
                  > Dennis Clark
                  >
                  > --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com <mailto:neoplatonism%40yahoogroups.com> , "Finamore, John F" <john-finamore@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Dennis,
                  > >
                  > > I haven't received a hard copy yet either. There is a lag between the journal appearing on line electronically and the physical copy being delivered through the mail. I assume that the hard copy is making its way to us. I'll see if I can find anything further about the matter than that.
                  > >
                  > > John
                  > >
                  > > John F. Finamore
                  > > Department of Classics
                  > > 210 Jefferson Building
                  > > University of Iowa
                  > > Iowa City, IA 52242
                  > > Office: (319) 335-0288
                  > > FAX: (319) 335-3884
                  > > E-Mail: JOHN-FINAMORE@
                  > > Homepage: http://www.uiowa.edu/~classics/finamore/index.html
                  > >

                  > > On 5/4/11 12:17 PM, "vaeringjar" <vaeringjar@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Hello everyone - just wondering if anyone has received the latest volume of IJPT? I just looked online, and it appears to be out, but I have not gotten mine yet. Am I jumping the gun? Imagine that...thanks!
                  > >
                  > > Dennis Clark

                • Finamore, John F
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 5, 2011
                    Dear all,

                    I heard this morning about the latest issue of the journal. There was a glitch with the labels. Here�s the report from Brill:

                    �I heard back and apparently Turpin had just alerted Brill that the labels for sending the issues to the subscribing members had not arrived. This has now been rectified and all issues will be mailed early next week. Of course, we apologise for the delay.�

                    �Turpin� is the company that actually sends the journals out for Brill.

                    I hope we all see the hard copy soon.

                    I must run. Our undergraduate majors here at Iowa are holding an all-day marathon reading of the works of Vergil out on the pedestrian mall near the Classics office, and I want to be there.