Plato, Pythagoras and beyond

  • lesg
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 12:26 AM
      Some months ago a few people reacted quite strongly to a claim I made about a paper "Weighing and Measuring the Gods". The document, presently on hold, is actually only one of a series of essays and expositions I have been working on for years. There is much to deliver to the public arena. Below is a draft abstract of a new document that will probably create a similar reaction. Therefore, I would appreciate (by private email if you prefer) any comments on the wording or the claims or anything else relevant. I am contemplating launching the material at a public seminar in the future.

      ABSTRACT: SOURCING THE KEY DESIGN PARTICULARS FOR THE GREAT PYRAMID, THE MEYDUM PYRAMID AND KHEPHREN'S PYRAMID (5500 words)

      No structures on Earth have so shaped the imaginings of human beings than have the Egyptian pyramids, especially the Great Pyramid at Giza. The question of what inspired ancient Egyptians to build pyramids as monuments is answered. The material in this exposition radically changes notions of Egyptian architectural design and the status of Egyptian mathematics in antiquity. Geometric wonders never seen before are unveiled. In three easy-to-follow steps key design particulars are unveiled, including certain famous interior features of the Great Pyramid. No special mathematical skills are required to deal with the material. To grasp the remarkable design outcomes readers only need to focus on developments in a certain triangle as they unfold in a simple, orderly and rational fashion. The startling outcomes arising from the very first line added to the base geometry produce more information about the nature of the three pyramids than ever thought possible. The influence of the designs on so-called Pythagorean geometry is made abundantly clear.

      Les

      P.O. Box 314
      Mentone, Victoria 3194 Australia
      Email: neoplatonist2000@...