Re: [neoplatonism] Re: Popular unrest and gnosticism/was Agora

  • Goya
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 8, 2010
      > I am new to this thread.  Has anyone seen the movie "Agora" which
      > portrays the Neoplatonist philosopher Hypatia?  I found the film
      > superficial to say the least.

      I thought it was excellent, to say the least.

      Message 40 of 40 , Jan 3, 2011
        Thanks Bruce.

        You made my wife happy. She one-upped me. No need to say sorry at all.
        Sounds like a movie that gave me the creeps from the 60s starring Michael
        Caine. The Ipcress File - ipcress for induction of psycho-neuroses by
        conditioned reflex under stress. Creepy. Best, Thomas