ISNS 2004 Liverpool Conference (June 24-27) - Call for panels

  • Cosmin I. Andron
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2003
      Inquiries should be sent to Dr. Yiota Vassilopoulou at:
      yiota@...
      ----------------

      It is with great pleasure that we announce the annual ISNS Conference,
      to be held for the first time in Liverpool, UK, June 24th-27th 2004. The
      conference is organised by the Philosophy Department, University of
      Liverpool. Liverpool has a long tradition in the study of Neoplatonism,
      and although it is mostly known for The Beatles, its football teams, and
      its Port (wherefrom ships, in the 19th century, set sail for America,
      Canada, New Zealand, and Australia), it is also a vibrant and
      cosmopolitan city as evidenced by its recent nomination as European
      Capital of Culture for 2008.
      At this stage, we invite proposals from anyone wishing to organise a
      panel on any topic relevant to Neoplatonism and its background. Apart
      from the main themes (metaphysics, epistemology, aesthetics) we would
      particularly welcome proposals on Neoplatonism/Platonism and English and
      American Literature, Feminism, Pedagogy, and Spirituality.
      Please submit your proposals by December 1st to yiota@....
      We will be providing further information on accommodation and travel and
      expect to issue a call for individual papers by December 20th.
      We are looking forward to welcoming you all to Liverpool,
      With best wishes,

      Dr Yiota Vassilopoulou and Prof. Stephen R. L. Clark

      Conference Organisers.

      Philosophy Department
      University of Liverpool
      7 Abercromby Square
      Liverpool, L69 7WY
      UK
      Tel: (0044) 151 794 2787
      Fax: (0044) 151 794 2789

      ---------------------

      Cosmin I. Andron BA, MA (Cluj), PhD cand.

      Department of Classics
      Royal Holloway College
      University of London
      Egham