Re: [neoplatonism] Re: Weighing the gods

  • Merrily Harpur
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 19, 2010
      Les, I'd be fascinated to read WMG too. What is the unusual origin you
      mention?

      Merrily

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 20, 2010
        In a message dated 4/20/2010 1:20:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        neoplatonist2000@... writes:

        P.S. If the opportunity arises to send WMG to those who responded, I will
        do so.

        Thanks, Les.

        David

      • Kathryn Evans
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 20, 2010
          Les, if you do send the essay please include me in that mailing, as I'm interested in proportion.

          All Best,

          Kathryn

          Kathryn LaFevers Evans
          Independent Researcher
          kathryn-e@...
          http://independent.academia.edu/KathrynLaFeversEvans

          Thanks to all who responded. (Hope this email works, there was a glitch in sending the original.) I should also have said that I was looking to have the essay published in a reputable journal. I am going out on a limb by what I say next, with some caution. The material in "Weighing and measuring the gods" (WMG) may have had an unusual origin. The design strategy unveiled is clever - very, very clever. It will be interesting to see how skeptics react to what they see and read. WMG was created to introduce a larger work provisionally entitled "Entwined Designs". The two works will change the history of western culture in momentous ways, I think.

          Les

          P.S. If the opportunity arises to send WMG to those who responded, I will do so.

          --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, a b <ath98xyz@...> wrote:

          > Hello Less,
          >
          > Your essay sounds very interesting. I have read a previous paper of yours on Atlantis which was very interesting too.
          > Can you tell me where and how can it be obtained ?
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > George
          >

          > ________________________________

          =======
          http://www.pctools.com
          =======

          =======
          http://www.pctools.com/
          =======

        • leslie greenhill
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 20, 2010
            The design strategy is not one that developed over time or in stages.  We find it over time and in stages, but it arrived complete within itself.  I don't have words to describe how clever it is.  Its cleverness may, indeed, hold meaning.

            Les

            P.O. Box 314

            Mentone, Victoria 3194 Australia

            Email: neoplatonist2000@...

            Les, I'd be fascinated to read WMG too. What is the unusual origin you

            mention?

            Merrily

            Thanks to all who responded. (Hope this email works, there was a glitch in

            sending the original.) I should also have said that I was looking to have

            the essay published in a reputable journal. I am going out on a limb by

            what I say next, with some caution. The material in "Weighing and measuring

            the gods" (WMG) may have had an unusual origin. The design strategy

            unveiled is clever - very, very clever. It will be interesting to see how

            skeptics react to what they see and read. WMG was created to introduce a

            larger work provisionally entitled "Entwined Designs". The two works will

            change the history of western culture in momentous ways, I think.

            Les

            P.S. If the opportunity arises to send WMG to those who responded, I will do

            so.

            --- In neoplatonism@ yahoogroups. com, a b <ath98xyz@.. .> wrote:

            > Hello Less,

            > Your essay sounds very interesting. I have read a previous paper of yours

            > on Atlantis which was very interesting too.

            > Can you tell me where and how can it be obtained ?

            > Regards,

            > George

            > ____________ _________ _________ __

            07:31:00

          • Kathryn Evans
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 21, 2010
              So, are you speaking of an esoteric/metaphysical, transmitted/received, transcendent structure?

              Kathryn

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 21, 2010
                Les,

                Feeling rather "teased" in a commercial sense here. What's your agenda?
                When do we get to judge for ourselves based on the evidence? Since your
                argument will apparently involve symbolic representation and measure, I'm
                intrigued, although curiosity is now morphing into frustration. At this point
                we have claims lacking substance; matter sans form.

                David

                In a message dated 4/21/2010 1:13:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                neoplatonist2000@... writes:

                The design strategy is not one that developed over time or in stages. We
                find it over time and in stages, but it arrived complete within itself. I
                don't have words to describe how clever it is. Its cleverness may,
                indeed, hold meaning.

                Les
                P.O. Box 314
                Mentone, Victoria 3194 Australia

              • Goya
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 21, 2010
                  > Les, if you do send the essay please include me in that mailing, as I'm
                  > interested in proportion.
                  >
                  > All Best,
                  >
                  > Kathryn
                  >
                  > Kathryn LaFevers Evans
                  > Independent Researcher
                  > kathryn-e@...
                  > http://independent.academia.edu/KathrynLaFeversEvans

                  M.C. If you really want to get your stuff published in a "reputable"
                  journal, you might want to leave out the part about how your work will "
                  change the history of western culture in momentous ways". Sometimes a
                  little modesty doesn't hurt.

                  Just sayin'.

                  Best, Mike

                • Kathryn Evans
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 21, 2010
                    Les,

                    I agree with Mike about the obscure nature of your posts, which lead me to wonder if you have located the corresponding academic specialty and researched it at all.

                    Kathryn

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 21, 2010
                      That's a pretty surprising and slightly insulting question.  Of course I have researched the subject.  Very extensively.  And I have presented papers at several universities in Australia and Europe.  My papers were well received.  There is another posting to accompany this.

                      Email: neoplatonist2000@ yahoo.com

                      From: Merrily Harpur <m.harpur@ukonline. co.uk>

                      To: neoplatonism@ yahoogroups. com

                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 21, 2010
                        Thanks for the
                        comments.  Even the blunt ones.  There is probably an element of truth in some
                        of the remarks, but for those who made them, you don’t know the whole story and
                        why it was necessary for me to make such strong claims.  I actually said the material would change
                        history, not me.  I was being provocative
                        with the words for certain reasons but this is not the place to air those
                        reasons.  It would have been perhaps
                        nicer and more diplomatic had Mike and Kathryn said  “O.K. Les.
                        Big statement.  Prove it.”  So what did I learn from this
                        experience?  That I might be more
                        cautious with my words? Sure.  And I
                        learned that some people were more concerned about the claim about changing
                        history than the content of the paper.

                        Les

                        P.S.  To those who responded to the “Weighing”
                        posting, the paper contains a small section on geometry.  I have gained the impression that for most
                        people geometry is not their cup of tea.
                        Early next week I will email each respondent privately and send a two or
                        three page attachment that contains a simple but striking geometric effect in a
                        very famous triangle.  The effect may
                        stimulate your interest in the subject.
                        Especially if you have an interest in the number seven.

                        From: Merrily Harpur <m.harpur@ukonline. co.uk>

                        To: neoplatonism@ yahoogroups. com

                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 22, 2010
                          Dear Les,

                          Apologies, I didn't mean to be blunt. Does this website intimate some of the material you are working with?

                          http://hanskayser.com/EZ/kayser2/kayser2/index.php

                          Looking forward to reading your published paper, or the version by email as to the other listmembers---please do keep us apprised!

                          Kathryn

                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 22, 2010
                            Thanks Kath.  No, the material I have has not been in the public arena before.  The short paper I send you tomorrow will give some idea of the direction.  I will write a personal email regarding another question you asked but I did not answer.

                            Regards