Damascius, Lectures on the Philebus

  • Tim Addey
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2010
      The fourth title of the Prometheus Trust's Platonic Texts and
      Translations - /Damascius Lectures on the Philebus, /translated by L G
      Westerink/ /- is now available, although our American distributors won't
      have their stock for another two weeks. For further details go to
      www.prometheustrust.co.uk

      My apologies for the delay on this one.

      Tim Addey

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2010
        --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, Tim Addey <tim@...> wrote:

        > The fourth title of the Prometheus Trust's Platonic Texts and
        > Translations - /Damascius Lectures on the Philebus, /translated by L G
        > Westerink/ /- is now available, although our American distributors won't
        > have their stock for another two weeks. For further details go to
        > www.prometheustrust.co.uk
        >
        > My apologies for the delay on this one.
        >
        > Tim Addey

        That's great news, Tim. It's a most interesting work and his edition of course most helpful, and much of value in Westerink's ample notes, in my opinion. The section on Prometheus and Epimetheus especially worth looking into, just to name one very particular issue.

        I've probably asked this before, but are you by chance planning on reissuing Westerink's edition of the Olympidorus' commentary on the first Alcibiades? I think it's mostly Damascius and Proclus, but still it would be nice to have his edition. I am not sure there is any other modern one, and otherwise you have to go back to Creuzer's.