Mythical Knowledge

  • Ebrahim Mousavi
    Message 1 of 40 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hi all;
      I am looking for Mythical Knowledge in Platonic and Neo-Platonic sources, and appreciate if you help me about the subject and the sources.
      We know Plato uses myths for many information and knowledge, and then is it appropriate to speak about knowledge from myth? Or even can myth be counted as an important part of our knowledge?
      Thank You.

    • John Uebersax
      Message 40 of 40 , Nov 5, 2009
        In fairness to JC, my opinion is that it is the purpose of moderation to intercept precisely such messages. If this one fell through the cracks,
        that's not his fault. Anyone can relate to dashing off a message heatedly based on a misunderstanding or a misinterpreted coincidence. (After all, half our passions are irascible!)

        For certain technical (Yahoo Groups) reasons, this message appeared even though I (as least and humblest co-moderator, lending a hand when others are busy) originally rejected it and sent a polite and hopefully constructive explanation to Jesse.

        Personally I have enjoyed Jesse's earlier posts and found them constructively provocative.