More on Campanella

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2009
      The new edition of Campanella that I just managed to get hold of is actually an edition of the original Latin and a modern Italian translation of several sections of the Metaphysica, dealing with prophecy and divination, and so not by any means of the entire work:

      Dalla Metaphysica. Profezia, divinazione, estasi, 2007, Rubbettino, ed. German Ernst.

      Unfortunately this does not include the portion supposedly addressed to Iamblichus' view of magic, though I did note one reference to Iamblichus in passing in the selections. It appears then that his City of the Sun has gotten the most attention in English translation. Perhaps the I Tatti series will include some of his work in the future, if he is not too late chronologically for them.