Reviews in CR

  • Cosmin I. Andron
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2003
      Dear List members,

      ''The Classical Review'' Volume 52, Issue 2, September 2002 is *now* out
      in print and online (HYPERLINK
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/"http://www3.oup.co
      .uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/). Below you'll find a list of
      Neoplatonism related reviews published in this issue.

      As CR is available online I've included as well the link to each review.
      However, you will be able to access the online version only if you are
      subscribed to CR online. Alternatively you can use your (possible)
      institutional subscription (UK universities do have it) to Ingenta
      (HYPERLINK "www.ingenta.com"www.ingenta.com) to read the issue online.
      (Note: at the time of this email Ingenta has not yet updated its
      'current version' link - maybe tomorrow...) Alternatively nothing can be
      compared to the feel of the paper-version.

      With every best wish, yours
      Cosmin

      The titles:

      <1.> La Filosofia in et� imperiale. Le scuole e le tradizioni
      filosofiche. Atti del colloquio, Roma 17-19 giugno 1999 a cura di A.
      Brancacci, pp.326, 2000 ISBN 88-7088-399-X Lit. 60.000/� 30,99

      Reviewed by Timothy Hill, pp. 268-270, available online for subscribers
      of The CR here: HYPERLINK
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520268.sgm.abs.html
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520268.sgm.abs.html

      <2.> M. Patillon and L. Brisson: Longin: Fragments, Art rh�torique.
      Rufus, Art rh�torique (Collection des Universit�s de France publi�e sous
      le patronage de l'Association Guillaume Bud�)

      Reviewed by Malcolm Heath, pp. 276-278, available online for subscribers
      of The CR here: HYPERLINK
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520276.sgm.abs.html
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520276.sgm.abs.html

      <3.> H. G. Snyder: Teachers and Texts in the Ancient World:
      Philosophers, Jews and Christians. Religion in the First Christian
      Centuries

      Reviewed by John Vanderspoel, pp. 289-290, available online for
      subscribers of The CR here: HYPERLINK
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520289.sgm.abs.html
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520289.sgm.abs.html

      <4.> G. Bechtle and D. J. O'Meara, eds. La philosophie des math�matiques
      de l'Antiquit� tardive. Actes de colloque international Fribourg, Suisse
      (24-26 sept. 1998)

      Reviewed by John Dillon, pp. 290-292, available online for subscribers
      of The CR here: HYPERLINK
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520290.sgm.abs.html
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520290.sgm.abs.html

      <5.> D. Magini, ed. Plutarco. Del mangiare carne. Trattati sugli animali

      Reviewed by Gillian Clark, p. 376, available online for subscribers of
      The CR here: HYPERLINK
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520376.sgm.abs.html
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520376.sgm.abs.html

      <6.> I. Hadot: Simplicius. Commentaire sur le Manuel d'Epict�te. Tome I
      (Collection des Universit�s de France publi�e sous le patronage de
      l'Association Guillaume Bud�)

      Reviewed by Anne Sheppard, pp. 377-378, available online for subscribers
      of The CR here: HYPERLINK
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520377.sgm.abs.html
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520377.sgm.abs.html

      <7.> R. Valantasis, ed. Religions of Late Antiquity in Practice

      Reviewed by A. D. Lee, pp. 384-385, , available online for subscribers
      of The CR here: HYPERLINK
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520384.sgm.abs.html
      "http://www3.oup.co.uk/clrevj/hdb/Volume_52/Issue_02/520384.sgm.abs.html

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Cosmin I. Andron BA, MA (Cluj), PhD cand.

      Department of Classics
      Royal Holloway College
      University of London
      Egham
      Surrey TW20 OEX
      England

      Phone: 0044 (0) 7759 188 337
      Email: C.I.Andron@...

      Web page: HYPERLINK "www.cosmin-andron.com"www.cosmin-andron.com

      ---
      Outgoing mail from Mr. Cosmin I. Andron is certified Virus Free.
      2003