Re: [neoplatonism] Philon of Alexandria - Online texts

  • Edward Moore
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
      Greetings,

      Quite a bit of scholarship has been done on this topic. Robert Berchman, _From Philo to Origen: Middle Platonism in Transition_ (1984). David Ivan Rankin, _From Clement to Origen: The Social and Historical Context of the Church Fathers_ (2006). Also, several books and articles by Van den Hoek, and David T. Runia. There is much more, of course; perhaps some list-members have more suggestions. The various volumes of _Origeniana_ contain articles that may be helpful to you as well.

      Regards,

      Edward