Hermias on the Phaedrus

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5 2:04 PM
      Does anyone know if there is a planned translation, English or
      otherwise, in the works or in progress for Hermias' commentary/scholia
      on the Phaedrus? I looked at the website for the Ancient Commentators
      on Aristotle series, and I didn't see it listed there among their non-
      CAG planned volumes. I have always wanted to try my hand at
      translation, and I don't find Hermias' Greek all that daunting, but it
      is actually a fairly lengthy work, so it's probably beyond me for a
      number of reasons. But it also has the advantage of dealing with what I
      often consider Plato's most beautifully written prose.

      Someone probably is doing a Bude or planning to - ?