FWD: Liddell and Scott Greek-English Lexicon, 9th ed.

  • Melanie Brawn Mineo
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      A FWD from Lloyd Gerson via John Finamore (if you haven't already seen
      it):

      -----------------------

      I thought you might want to be made aware of the following information:

      Logos Research Systems, by license with Oxford University Press, plans
      to release an electronic edition of the unabridged Liddell and Scott
      Greek-English Lexicon, ninth edition. This product will retail for
      $135, but pre-publication orders are now being taken at $99.95.

      The Logos Bible Software Series X electronic edition will be the most
      useful version of Liddell and Scott ever assembled. It will be the only
      edition in which the hundreds of pages and thousands of articles of
      'Supplement' material will be integrated into the main lexicon allowing
      the user to instantly access all the accumulated revisions and
      additions without flipping pages. And like all Logos reference works
      the electronic edition will link to all the other reference books in
      the Libronix Digital Library System for instant lookup of related texts
      and Bible references. You can check out the details at:

      <http://www.logos.com/prepub/products/default.asp?pid=15>

      Logos does not go into production until they cover hard costs. By
      sharing this information with you, I am just trying to help move the
      project along.
    • Melanie Brawn Mineo
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2002
        It has been brought to my attention by "volcanelli" that the link
        listed in the FWD message re the LSJ Dictionary takes you to
        another page entirely! Strange. What's even stranger is that,
        from what I can tell, it <is> the correct link. When it's put
        in manually, it works. Here, try this:

        http://www.logos.com/prepub/products/default.asp?pid=15

        It should work. If it doesn't, put it in manually.

        Thanks!

        Yours,

        MM