6267Re: Origin of the Theory of Forms

  • willisbrian13
    Mar 29, 2014
      We know that the Greeks took the indefinite itself as the foundation of being as being.  I have also noticed that philosophers nowadays have a lot of trouble identifying how analytic containment works.  Here's a formal puzzle for you; how is dog contained within the term animal?  Is the general term indefinite with reference to particular specification?  My God we have analytic containment!!  BUT you'll have to break down the problem a bit more than that.  Now put a second simple term together.  Did Plato outline fairly clearly that the form was indefinite with reference to particular specification?
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic