      From: neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com [mailto:neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Goya
      Sent: 23 March 2014 12:59
      To: Neoplatonism
      Subject: [neoplatonism]

      At the following address:
      http://books.google.com/books?id=qSQyAQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

      For the time being one can, thanks to the unintended generosity of Google
      Books, read a magnificent article by Cristina D'Ancona: “The Textual
      Tradition of the Graeco-Arabic Plotinus. The Theology of Aristotle, its
      «Headings of the Questions», and the Greek model of the Arabic version”.

      It is by far the best thing I have written on the Arabic version of
      Plotinus. Briefly, Cristina shows that the "heads of chapters" that
      survive in the Arabic are relics of the *kephalaia* and *epikheirêmata*
      that Porphyry added to the Enneads.

      Only someone with perfect knowledge of Greek, Arabic, Plotinus and
      Porphyry could have written an article like this: in other words, only one
      person in the world, as far as I know: Cristina d'Ancona. I find it deeply
      moving to witness such great scholarship.