6171RES: [neoplatonism] mystical union in Plotinus?

  • Baracat Junior
    Jan 14, 2014

      I would go with the conventional view: union with intellect already is a “mystic” union, which is possible to the philosopher and which is the first union in the way to the union with or grasping of the one, which is not guaranteed by the union with intellect and which, when it happens, is actually a union of soul AND intellect with the one.

      By memory, I would refer to V.5.8 and VI.7.34 to support this.

      But I suspect that this is a tricky question and that Michael will come out something much more interesting.

      Best,

      José