6156RE: Author of work

    Jan 10, 2014
      Very interesting, to be the 'fly on the wall' at those lectures! I didn't know Flaxman was in the mix too. I have always really liked his work, especially the Homeric illustrations.

      Tim, I have the Selected Writings - obviously there are tons of books on the Romantic period, from many angles, but is there one you could recommend beyond the ones we have here already on Coleridge that covers the period from out perspective generally, a sort of intellectual history of the period from I guess a philosophical view, as opposed to Platonic influences on this or that specific writer?

      Is anyone thinking of doing a full blown biography of Taylor? Is that feasible - is enough known to create one?