      From: neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com [neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of John Uebersax [john.uebersax@...]
      Sent: 07 October 2013 15:49
      To: neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [neoplatonism] City-Soul analogy

      > remarkably little ancient evidence on this, despite the fact that I hold it to be true
      Thanks, John. I find this scarcity of evidence a little puzzling.

      In case anyone hasn't seen it, Norbert Blössner's chapter ('The City-Soul Analogy') in the Cambridge Companion to Plato's Republic argues for a psychological reading with unusual clarity and thoroughness.

      Sara – Thanks.  I'll look more closely at what  Julia Annas says there.