5972Re: [neoplatonism] intelligible triads in Proclus

  • Marco Bormann
    Jun 11, 2013
      Thanks a lot David,

      by the way I think I already got your diagram a couple of months ago.

      But my question to your answer is, how can you come up with

      Hyparxis/Bound/Father

      as first triad. Proklos here seems to be quite clear, I quote from Taylors translation, III, 12:
      "SUCH therefore, is the first triad of intelligibles, according to Socrates
      in the Philebus, viz. bound, infinite, and that which is mixed from these."
      This mixed he explains to being.
      Ok, I can see that he here only refers to the Philebus and the goes on to discuss a lot of other dialogs, but at least concerning the first triad he seems to be pretty consistent.
      But maybe I am getting something wrong here,

      Regards,
      Marco