440Re: [neoplatonism] Neoplatonic Philosophy: Introductory Readings

  • Edward Moore
    May 3, 2004
      Here is the book description from Amazon.com:

      "The most comprehensive collection of Neoplatonic writings available in
      English, this volume provides translations of the central texts of four
      major figures of the Neoplatonic tradition: Plotinus, Porphyry, Iamblichus,
      and Proclus. The general Introduction gives an overview of the period and
      takes a brief but revealing look at the history of ancient philosophy from
      the viewpoint of the Neoplatonists. Historical background-essential for
      understanding these powerful, difficult, and sometimes obscure thinkers-is
      provided in extensive footnotes, which also include cross-references to
      other works relevant to particular passages."
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0872207072/qid=1083559873/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-1383903-2347049?v=glance&s=books

      I have ordered this book for myself, and will be glad to offer a
      description/review, after I peruse the volume. In any case, given the
      quality of work produced by the editors of this volume, I see no reason not
      to purchase it forthwith.

      Regards,

      Edward Moore, S.T.L.