      From: vaeringjar <vaeringjar@...>
      Subject: [neoplatonism] Re: Agora
      To: neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, December 31, 2010, 11:21 AM

      --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Mether <t_mether@...> wrote:
      > I finally saw Agora.
      > I am surprised. It utterly depressed me. The visuals were stunning. Rachel Weiss was way better than the mummy movies. I can't criticize the film. Nevertheless, it utterly depressed me.

      Well, it's very sad! I have no problem admitting I was on the point of crying when she died, partly because it was all so well done. Also I was watching yet another death throe of a world view I hold very dear and I think much superior for all its faults to the reigning views in the West since it was abolished. So it was saddening, and yes I can see how it would depress, but I think that is a natural reaction for some of us humanists left in this god forsaken money grubbing pit of a world we know mostly find ourselves, especially in this country.

      But we must soldier on! If I can lose 50 pounds in two months, anything is possible!!!

      Happy New Year to all.