3053Re: [neoplatonism] Re: Agora: the movie about Hypatia

  • John Uebersax
    Feb 10, 2010
      Dear yorghl,

      > it is not Pedro Almodovar, but Alejandro Amenabar, who is the director of Agora.

      Thank you very much for correcting this mistake.

      My point was not to criticize the movie -- which naturally one cannot do very well unless and until one sees it.  My main point was that Christian churches have some genuine reasons to be sensitive to the issue of stereotypes.  How that concern is expressed, of course, is another matter.