2899RE: [neoplatonism] Re: Odysseus in the myth of Er

  • Russ Kinter
    Dec 6, 2009
      Hi Les,
      You wrote:
      >Do you know of any literature that contains that information?
      No, it’s entirely my own findings based on studying wire models with
      color-coded strings and 3D computer models
      for entirely too long.
      That’s why I prefaced the message with “I believe”, because I could be
      wrong.
      The following meager links are strictly amateur hour studies and perhaps
      off-topic if not viewed in the spirit of Pythagoras or rather
      Neo-Pythagoreanism:

      http://www.sevenemeraldtablets.net/Dodecahedron-Sequential-Vertex-Studies/Do
      decahedron_Vertex_Sequences.html

      Interactive 3D VRML models that require a VRML browser or plug-in:

      http://www.sevenemeraldtablets.net/Dodecahedron-Sequential-Vertex-Studies/Se
      quential_Vertex_Connections3_2.wrl

      http://www.sevenemeraldtablets.net/Dodecahedron-Sequential-Vertex-Studies/Se
      quential_Vertex_Connections4.wrl

      Each of the thirteen models has a set of controls to move, revolve, hide
      ect.

      Thanks,
      Russ Kinter

      _____

      From: pyth7 <pyth7@verizon. <mailto:pyth7%40verizon.net> net>
      Subject: [neoplatonism] Re: Odysseus in the myth of Er
      To: neoplatonism@ <mailto:neoplatonism%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

      --- In neoplatonism@ yahoogroups. com, leslie greenhill <neoplatonist2000@
      ...> wrote:

      > Thirty-six, too, is interesting. It's six squared. Plutarch >wrote >that
      the Pythagoreans thought the number 36 represented the
      >world.Â
      >
      > LesÂ

      I believe there are only thirty-six ways that all twenty vertexes of a
      dodecahedron (or faces of an icosahedraon if you like) can be sequentially
      connected so that each vertex/face is crossed only once.
      These can be subdivided into eighteen left and right-handed opposites, which
      can then be subclassed into six variations of one basic sequence and twelve
      other distinct sequences.

      Russ Kinter