2796Re: [neoplatonism] Neoplatonism book reviews

  • John Uebersax
    Nov 2, 2009

      I looked into possible direct connection between da Vinci and Ficino's Platonic circle, but don't recall what I concluded (though this would be an easy question for anybody who had any expertise in the subject). Certainly da Vinci was not far removed, in any case; he knew Botticelli, and Lorenzo de Medici was his patron for many years (both in Ficino's circle), and owned at least one of Ficino's books.

      Ficino was by no means the first or only Florentine intellectual stimulating interest in Plato, Pythagoras and Hermeticism, so its hard to imagine Leonardo not having ample opportunity to explore such subjects.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic