242Re: Order of Platonic Dialogues

    May 2, 2003
      Dear Mr Martijn,

      Thank you for finding that - I skipped half the sentence. Must never
      slight the Timaeus!

      Dennis Clark
      San Francisco

      --- In neoplatonism@yahoogroups.com, "M. Martijn" <m_martijn@y...>
      wrote:
      > Dear mr Clark, Please allow me to point out a tiny oversight in
      your very welcome translation: the Timaeus is the summit of physics,
      of course, and the Parmenides in theology. __Le Timée couvre tout le
      champ de la physique, et le Parménide expose l'ensemble de la
      théologie platonicienne et est consacré aux intelligibles (les
      Formes).
      > __
      > The Timaeus [covers the entire field of physics, and the
      Parmenides] expresses the entirety of Platonic theology and is
      > dedicated to the Intelligibles (the Forms).
      > __ Best wishes,
      > Marije Martijn

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic