2247Re: [neoplatonism] Re: Please Post Message-Thanks

  • Bradley Skene
    Nov 7, 2008
      One dimension of Cyril's conflict with the emperor (the larger framework of
      Hypatia's murder) was the fact that he (Cyril) was monophysite.
      One source claims Cyril decided to have her killed when he grew jealous of
      the fact that she was admitted ot Orestes' salutatio every morning, even
      though she was a 'pagan,' while he, as a heretic was excluded.

      Cheers,

      Bradley A. Skene