2150RE: [neoplatonism] List of Islamic Platonists and Neoplatonists

  • Russ Kinter
    Jul 5, 2008
      John wrote:

      >Any suggestions, additions, or corrections would be greatly appreciated.

      What about adding Ismaili philosophers such as Nasir Khusraw

      http://www.iis.ac.uk/view_article.asp?ContentID=104818

      and Abu Ya'qub al-Sijistani?

      http://www.iis.ac.uk/view_article.asp?ContentID=104768

      Russ Kinter

      _____

      I've posted online an initial version of a list of Islamic Platonist and
      Neoplatonist philosophers:

      http://ourworld.
      <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jsuebersax/ip.htm>
      compuserve.com/homepages/jsuebersax/ip.htm

      (This is, incidentally, my response to my country's latest saber-rattling
      towards Iran.)

      Any suggestions, additions, or corrections would be greatly appreciated.

      John Uebersax PhD