2149Re: [neoplatonism] List of Islamic Platonists and Neoplatonists

  • John Dilon
    Jul 5, 2008

      > Dear Group,
      >
      > I've posted online an initial version of a list of Islamic Platonist and
      > Neoplatonist philosophers:
      >
      > http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jsuebersax/ip.htm
      >
      > (This is, incidentally, my response to my country's latest saber-rattling
      > towards Iran.)
      >
      > Any suggestions, additions, or corrections would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > John Uebersax PhD

      Congratulations on this, John! It is is indeed most desirable that those
      engaged in this current Œwar of civilisations¹ bear the implications of this
      impressive list in mind. And one might remember also all the great Jewish
      philosophers, such as Maimonides or Ibn Gabirol, who flourished more or less
      unscathed within this Islamic civilisation. JMD