Re: Found Kitten

  • Ruby DeVera
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2005
      Sounds like the kitten I found at Carrows who sat at the window sill while we were having dinner. He followed us to the door when we left. Skinny but very lovable. We took him home, took him to Dr. Vasquez the next day and have had him for two years. Scooter will jump on your lap and take a nap if you'll let him. He has gotten along with my other cats and invites some of the neighbors' cats over to share his food.

      I hope you find a good home for this cat. I will check around also to see if anyone is looking.

      Ruby

      oojhwoo wrote:

      >I found a starving kitten on York near Sparkletts. He is about 4 months old (hard to tell
      >due to the skinniness), tuxedo (black + white) with a black mask and nose, He's VERY
      >friendly and people oriented, house broken and knows the sound of a cat food can
      >opening, so I know he's been owned by someone.
      >
      >Does anyone know of a place that will scan him for a microchip? Not likely that he has one,
      >but I do want to check.
      >
      >He appears very healthy and is just delightful. All he wants to do is eat, play and be
      >petted. I have him quarantined from my cats in the bahroomm and he did something that I
      >have never seen a cat do before. When I went in there this morning, he had taken all the
      >toys I left him, maybe 6-8 of them, and stacked them neatly next to his food bowl.
      >
      >A cat who cleans his own room!
      >
      >If I can't find his home, I will be putting him up for adoption if anyone knows of someone
      >looking. Seems like he would be good with kids, he is SOOO mellow and friendly.
      >
      >Hilda
      >on El Paso

    • Alice Hartwell
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
        Re the found kitten - you can get him scanned at Highland Park Animal
        Hospital, for one. They're at 5210 York. Any shelter will scan him, too.
        If you aren't able to find his home (lotsa luck!) or a good new home, let me
        know. I have several resources. Thanks for picking him up! He sounds
        adorable.

        On the general subject of cats, there seems to be a new flurry of lost and
        found cats. One good way to keep track of your cats is to NOT LET THEM OUT!
        In an ideal world it would be nice for them to be outside, but this is far
        from an ideal world... dogs, cars, diseases, coyotes, gang members and
        other crazy people, etc. The shelters are full of cats that have managed to
        stay alive and need homes. Presumably most of them already had homes, and
        would still if they'd been kept in. If they must go out for some reason,
        they should wear some form of ID, AND be chipped.

        Alice
      • Hilda Wagner
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
          Thank you.

          I think I may have found a home. I love the image of a cat looking in the window of Carrow's at you :)
          Hilda