Re: Civil lawsuit to be filed over Gold Line

  • Big Mo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31 9:40 PM
      I completely agree Kevin, frivilous.....55mph..lol

      Loss of their property values..who are they kidding,
      in this market you can sell anything.

      In addition, I've lived in NYC, Tokyo and other cities
      above or next to trains and streetcars and I have to
      say that the Gold Line noise is the envy of anyone
      living in these cities, it's a non issue.
      I'm not the only one excited at having mass transit in
      our neighborhood. Many people I know are not impressed

      M-

      --- Kevin <fancy@...> wrote:

      > > the vibrations from trains that reach speeds of 55
      > mph through some
      > > parts of the rail route in South Pasadena.
      >
      > Give me a break. The train goes 20 mph through South
      > Pasadena, if that.
      > It's so slow through the residential area there it's
      > almost a joke.
      > -k
    • johnnywaco2000
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
        --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com:

        Civil lawsuit to be filed over Gold Line
        Neighbors say quality of life, property values eroded
        Attorneys said Tuesday they will represent Gold Line neighbors who
        complain their quality of life and property values have been eroded because of the train's noise, speed and vibrations.
        ++++++++++++++++
        Gee, I wonder what these same litigants use to do when the old railroad trains used to roar through the same tracks a few years ago? LOL
        -- JohnnyWaco
      • Joe Sandoval
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
          Ditto that. Anyone who thinks their property value has
          gone down due to the Gold Line and wants to sell I
          would be glad to handle the transaction. I would be
          willing to do a comparative market analysis of how
          much a certain property was worth before the Gold Line
          began and how much it is worth now. I can state there
          will not be a single property that has gone down in
          value since the Gold Line began.
          Sincerely and waiting for the listings,
          Commish

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/UgOolB/TM

          > To mail a new message to this group
          > mailto:nelalist@yahoogroups.com
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Joe Walker
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
            I agree totally Joe. Many years ago my first wife and I were in the market for a condo. We looked at those ones right there at Mission Road and Monterey Road, across from Monterey Liquor, and several just north of Cal State L.A. They were priced identically. Fast forward 15 years, and the ones in South Pas are about 200,000 more than the ones in El Sereno. Why didn't we choose the South Pas condo? Too close to the train tracks..what a mistake!

            Joe