Re: [nelalist] 2662 Lacy Street - Picketing

  • Joe Walker
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2002
      --- marilynjsanchez <marilynjsanchez@...> The
      police will be
      > notified that we will be there and I will ask for
      > extra patrol.

      Great. While Ave 26 and Figueroa has it's nightly
      robberies, the LAPD will be protecting you from dirty
      looks from horny drunks. Isn't this an
      industrial-commercial area with no homes anywhere
      nearby?

      Joe

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • marilynjsanchez
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
        Perhaps instead of notifying the police that law abiding citizens are putting themselves at risk while being protected by the first amendment we should have them protect you from your cynicism. Yes there are homes nearby and there are classes for kids at the animal shelter. FYI - Hollenbeck appreciates being notified when it's community is doing something out of the ordinary such as this. Extra patrol is what it sounds like - they drive by an extra time or two while we are there to let there presence be known. They do this during PATROL not instead of arresting someone.
        It would probably do you some good to find out about the police and how they operate. Go to a C-PAB meeting, talk with the Captain DO SOMETHING.

        Marilyn