NELA Community Calendar

  • Robert Mendel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      I try to contribute to my local community by publishing a community
      Calendar of local events / issues & information and maintaining a
      database of local area stakeholders to whom I email a monthly reminder to keep current in the community by participating in local events.

      NELA Community Calendar

      Dear NE LA Neighbors,
      Here is the updated NE LA Community Calendar!

      ***Now You Are Being Sent Links to the Calendar on the Web instead of the Calendar in Email Form!***

      (UPDATES ARE REGULARLY ADDED TO THE WEBSITE, SO CHECK OFTEN FOR THE MOST
      UP-TO-DATE COMMUNITY CALENDAR)
      (Special Thanks to Marino Pascal for hosting my website!
      He also Moderates the NELAlist e-group -
      Join over 300 members by going to this link & signing up:

      TO SEE THE COMMUNITY CALENDAR FOR FEBRUARY 2002 IN A "CHART" STYLE, GO
      TO:
      http://mendel.locations.org/community/calendar

      TO SEE THE CALENDAR IN A "TEXT ONLY" STYLE, GO TO:
      http://mendel.locations.org/community/calendar/text.html

      To SEE THE MARCH 2002 CALENDAR GO TO:
      http://mendel.locations.org/community/calendar/mar.html

      To SEE THE APRIL 2002 CALENDAR GO TO:
      http://mendel.locations.org/community/calendar/apr.html

      IF YOU WISH TO BE ADDED (OR REMOVED) FROM THIS NE LA CALENDAR EMAIL
      LIST, PLEASE EMAIL MESSAGE TO: NELACALENDAR@... OR FAX TO
      323.258.9282

      Please submit events you wish to have publicized in the NE LA Community
      Calendar via email, fax or phone message.
      (323) 258-9282 -- fax & phone#.
      email: NELAcalendar@...

      Some facts:
      *The calendar is emailed to (currently) 1030 recipients.
      PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR FRIENDS TO SEND IN THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES IF THEY
      WISH TO RECEIVE IT (OR SEND THEM THE LINKS TO IT)

      Community websites:

      * Marino Pascal's Community Website is invaluable go to:
      http://www.NortheastLA.org - & participate in community
      discussion forums there!

      * the Community Calendar is viewable @ Bob Taylor Real Estate Website:
      http://www.bob-taylor.com/netcal.htm - Check out this website for a
      whole host of historical and current articles
      about Highland Park!

      * the Mt. Washington Assn. Website carries the calendar, too : (Also,
      it's where an excellent introduction & news about the Los Angeles
      Neighborhood Council Process is carried!) Go to:
      http://www.mtwashington.org/calendars

      * the Montecito Heights Association Website also carries the community
      calendar - go to: http://www.montecitohts.org/northeastcalendar.htm -
      Donnette Thayer is webmistress of this
      outstanding community site

      * http://www.hpht.org - The new website for the Highland Park Heritage

      Trust - Architectural Preservation and
      planning for Highland Park, w/ tours, awards, and a cool newsletter.
      Join the Trust and Share the Celebration of our
      Architectural Heritage in Highland Park!

      *http://www.arroyoartscollective.org - The Arroyo Arts Collective -
      Creativity, Innovation and Culture in the
      Northeast Highlands. Annual Discover Tour, Poetry in the Windows,
      Artists' Studio tours, Very cool newsletter. Join the
      Collective and be part of the best in Northeast LA Lifestyle!

      * The Eagle Rock Association produces a weekly newsletter - you can
      subscribe to it for free via email or visit it at
      http://www.TERA90041.org

      * http:// www.nelanet.org -the Northeast Los Angeles Network
      (nelanet), a project in community website
      development of Occidental College and its Community Outreach Partnership

      Center (COPC)

      * http://www.silverlakeNC.org/ - Silverlake community Website