Local Remodel Guy Seeking Room for Rent

  • Matthew Hulderman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2014
      Hello, I recently started working for a contractor who lives in the Montecito Heights area, and since I wish to stay in town, I have been searching for a room. I was referred by my own employer to post on this forum, so I believed this to be an appropriate message.

      Here are some details about the living arrangement I am seeking: Ideally, a month-to-month contract, with a reasonable deposit down with the first month's rent to start, and am looking to spend in the nature of $400-$500 a month on rent, including utilities excluding wifi if that is not covered in the agreement. I wish to have full kitchen privileges, an available laundry day, and bathroom access. I can provide for my own toiletries, laundry, and food supplies. I know, from years of experience, that it is good to be a good roommate, and to keep those areas, (the laundry, bathroom, and kitchen) clean especially, not excluding any other house areas, including my own private room, and I wish to live in a functioning, positive, clean environment. I am also seeking a place where I can store my bicycle, which is my main source of transportation at the moment. Any potential available parking for a small pickup truck for the near future would be a nice bonus.

      Also, since I am asking for a small rent price, I would also be glad to and would appreciate exchanging my work labor as a barter to cover the rental agreement, especially if for a long term agreement (6+ months). For example, gardening or landscaping, small to large remodeling projects (I am a fast-learning apprentice, however, I could consult my boss, or set up a formal project with my company depending on the degree of complexity of the job), building projects such as for gardening beds or farming (chickens, turkeys, etc.). I am also attempting my best to learn to prepare and cook good meals, especially for myself as I have a restrictive diet. I also have a knack for researching, particular in the areas of natural, alternative and quality health and law, and I am glad to help with those types of things in general, and so that comes as an added bonus to anyone who has me as a roommate.

      Thanks for reading, and have a blessed day.

      -Matthew H.