Irresponsible pet owners

  • hauntedcasa@...
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2014
      Folks,

      If you are considering owning a cat or dog please be sure you are going to own that pet for the duration of its life.  It is cruel to abandon or give the pet away just because you moved to a new location where pets are not allowed.  If that's your situation don't get a pet.  Instead get a pet rock or stuffed animal.  I'm upset because an old male cat has been dumped on me.  My brother couldn't keep it because his landlord says it has been doing its business in the neighbors vegetable garden.  The person who gave it to my brother didn't want it.  That person got it from another person who lived in New York and originally it came from Pennsylvania.  I don't want to take it to the animal shelter because it is an old cat and I know it will be put down.  Animals have feelings and emotions just like any other living thing on this planet.  So please don't own a living pet just because it serves some kind of temporary gratification or amusement.  It's not funny for that poor animal.
    • jen byrne
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2014
        I agree!!

        - Jen

        Thu May 1, 2014 7:45 am (PDT) . Posted by:

[...]

      • andysimonson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2014
          Right on. Just the other day someone posted about a friend needing to dump a dog because they got full time jobs and didn't have time for it anymore. So sad, an animal isn't just a throwaway toy.

          - Andy