at deb3321 Exhibition LEWIS MAUK - LITHOGRAPHS, SILK SCREENS & OTHER CULTURAL ARTIFACTS

  • Deborah C. Voigt
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2014
      at deb3321 EXHIBITION
      LEWIS MAUK
      LITHOGRAPHS, SILK SCREENS & OTHER CULTURAL ARTIFACTS

      Opening 6:30 pm Saturday,
      April 19, 2014
      Runs through May 18, 2014
      deb3321 website: http://www.deb3321.com/#!lewis-mauk/c155a
      deb3321 is pleased to present Lewis Mauk,
      Lithographs, Silk Screens and Other Cultural Artifacts

      The single images of Lewis Mauk, through his keen exquisite observation and expression, the common day object becomes heightened fact, undeniably present, an eternal moment. Some images are overlayed with rose thorns, wishbones, fortunes, horoscopes creating a multiplicity of meaning, a poetry; an exposure of the inner, subconscious darkness of the artist's self by the artist’s own insistent light to realize an uneasy and intelligent beauty.

      “I mine the personal for ideas. My practice is the cartography of the psyche. My subject matter is both index and evidence of obsessive compulsive behavior, prescriptive and self medicating and the matriarchal influences in my life. I use my work to search for answers and catharsis.”

      Lewis Mauk is a Los Angeles based artist whose work includes: printmaking, photography and sculpture. Lewis received his BFA in 1997 from the University of Tennessee and his MFA from Cal-Arts in 2000. Lewis has taught both photography and printmaking in schools throughout the Los Angeles area including California Institute of the Arts, Otis College of Art and Design and Chapman University. Lewis exhibits in Los Angeles and is a member of the Elysian Valley Arts Collective.

      More images at Lewis’ site: www.lewismauk.com

      Other sites:
      Made in Frogtown.  Louis Mauk Looking Inside
      ArtSlant
      Unit
    • Ollin Band
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 12, 2014
        there's nothing about the location of this exhibit

        Nillo

        More images at Lewis’ site: http://www.lewismauk.com/

        Other sites:
        Made in Frogtown.  Louis Mauk Looking Inside
        ArtSlant
        Unit

      • Robert Stewart

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 13, 2014
            Hi Nillo,

            We're at 3321 Pasadena, LA 90031.  We're on the corner of Ave 34 in Lincoln Heights across from Mom's Tamales. Parking is good on both streets.

            Also, the location posted on our website: http://www.deb3321.com/#!form__map/c24vq which has some photos, one of our building.

            We're also on Yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/deb3321-los-angeles-2 which provides the location as well.

            Check out all our pages on our website at deb3321.com.  We have a lot going on.

            We hope to meet you and our other interested neighbors for the opening starting at 6:30p this Sat.    It's a small but excellent exhibition by one of our artists living in this, our very creative area Northeast Los Angeles.

            Best,

            deb

            Sent from my iPad

[...]

          • Nancy Lilly
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 14, 2014

              3321 Pasadena Ave…..across the street from Mom’s Tamales….about 5 minutes from my house….

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 14, 2014
                Hi everyone, please see below.  Also, thanks Nancy.

                Best,

                Deb

                Sent from my iPad