Live Bee Removal

  • dirtyschizno
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2014
      Hi neighbors! Bee swarming season is coming up soon and I wanted to inform you about our live bee removal service located right in Highland Park. We at Sweet Bee Removal are beekeepers and specialize in ethical, no-kill honey bee removal, whether it be a swarm on a branch or an older hive inside a wall, we do it all. Bees are relocated in bee boxes to other area beekeepers or kept by us so they can continue to thrive and benefit our local environment. Presently we maintain 6 beehives in the NE LA area and several more around greater LA.

      Bee removal is difficult and strenuous work and we don't bother trying to compete with exterminators. We do cost more but saving bees is worth it. As you may have heard bees are suffering losses nationwide and we intend to help save and foster healthy bees for the future of our environment and food supply.

      If you have a bee problem feel free to give us a call at 323-892-4170, or visit sweetbeeremoval.com for an estimate. Help out a local business and local bees while you're at it!

    • Jack Fenn
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2014
        I appreciate knowing that bee relocation is available locally. However, I'd like to add one suggestion. When bees swarm on a branch or your eave, it is temporary -- a couple of hours to a couple of days. Scouts from the swarm are looking for a suitable place to take the queen, so, if there is no immediate danger, give the bees some time, and they will leave. Also, don't panic that they will sting. Usually, if left alone they will mind their business, as long as you mind yours! They are seldom aggressive. And the bees are vital to our plant life. --Jack

[...]

      • Robert Nakahiro
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 23, 2014
          Good points.

          I have them in my front yard.  I mind my own business and they mine theirs.

          It's actually good to see them with colony collapse happening.

          --
          Robert Nakahiro

        • car2532002
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 25, 2014

            Maybe you could let the Park Rangers in Elysian Park and Griffith Park know.   There was a swarm of bees in Elysian Park a few years and the Park Rangers called the Department of Forestry to come in and spray and kill all the bees.       Maybe city hall should know about your service.   Go to your local city councilmember or a city council meeting to see if you could be contracted or notified if help is needed.

            Susan

          • Joe Walker
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2014
              I assume that people who remove bee hives then transplant them to their own collection of hives?  If someone wanted to get into bee keeping, would this be a way to start?

              Joe

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 28, 2015
                Hi all,

                I just wanted to let you know that there are alternatives to killing bee infestations in our neighborhoods. I am a beekeeper and professional bee remover located in Highland Park, and my company Sweet Bee Removal saves bees without killing them. You may have heard of Colony Collapse Disorder and the problems bees have been facing nationwide, my aim is to save and promote our local bee populations to better our local environment.

                Other bee removers will dump bees they “rescue”, leaving them to die. I keep my bees right here in NELA and Glendale so you can be sure the bees we rescue will continue to provide pollination for our environment and make our gardens and fruit trees productive. I also serve areas 20 miles from NELA, keep us in mind for a friend you may know.

                Before you think about hiring an exterminator to take care of your bee problem, give me a call and see what I can do for you: Sweet Bee Removal @ 323-892-4170
                or go to sweetbeeremoval.com

                Thanks,
                Tyson Kaiser
              • Susie Hansen
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 2, 2015
                  Wonderful idea!  I hope everyone shares this email with all of their friends and neighbors to help save the bees.

                  My neighbor Bill and I discovered a swarm of bees a few years back in the privet tree between our properties, and just about everyone we contacted wanted to annihilate the hive. Bill managed to find a company from Camarillo who relocated the swarm to a safe and productive location in the west valley.

                  I'm so glad to know that now there is someone in our own community who not only rescues bees but reestablishes the hive safely within Northeast.  Thank you!

                  I will let people know about SweetBeeRemoval.com.