Tangerines, free for the picking

  • marcia_schmitz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2014
      The tangerine in my backyard is ready to be harvested - I'm looking for someone who wants to come clear the tree, and walk away with a load of fruit. The tangerines are juicy but they do have seeds. Would be great for juicing! Email cities.trees@... or call/text me at 213-595-0515. Located in Echo Park, on Echo Park Ave., north of Sunset.
    • Sara Feldman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2014
        Have you heard of the nonprofit organization Food Forward? They bring volunteers to sites all over L.A. County to pick fruit from trees on private property, and then give the food to shelters that can really use it. It's a fantastic way to get your tree picked clean for a good cause. I volunteer for them from time to time, and they are always extremely reliable and conscientious in the way they treat the donor sites - the volunteers always clean up thoroughly and leave the place as nice or nicer than they found it. Here's their website:

        www.foodforward.org

        Take a look, it's not only a good thing to do, but probably also safer than inviting complete strangers into your backyard!

        Sara