Broadband alternatives to TW?

  • Les Kaye
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2013
      We're in Mt Washington, and need at least 20mbps download. Does anyone else reliably provide this? Feedback on Direct TV for sat TV is also welcome.

      Thx,
      Les K.

      Sent from my iPhone
    • christo90065
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2013

        satellite internet access is significantly slower than cable. unless fiber optic's available, cable will be fastest.

        i pay for basic TW internet connection. speed's pretty good. somewhere between 5-9Mbps.

        - chris

      • Scott Rubel

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2013
            Thanks Chris, but per the subject line, I'm looking for an alternative to Time Warner.

            I've reached my limit with TW, but since it appears that fiber may not be in our future, there'a probably no alternative. When I checked today, AT&T quoted download speeds of 1.5mb. Yikes...

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Dec 10, 2013, at 12:09 PM, <christohoward@...> wrote:

            satellite internet access is significantly slower than cable. unless fiber optic's available, cable will be fastest.

            i pay for basic TW internet connection. speed's pretty good. somewhere between 5-9Mbps.

            - chris

          • gmayerson
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 11, 2013
              Hi Les,

              You could check DSL Extreme http://www.dslextreme.com/ they say they go up to 20mbps.  They do DSL and broadband.  I have one of their cheapie DSL plans and it works fine for me.

              Ginger
            • Jack Fenn

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 12, 2013

                  Hi Les,

                  Other than having a dedicated T1 type line to your location, dedicated business level cable services are the most dependable.  We use Charter Cable in San Gabriel, and have a dedicated IP Business level service to support our voice, internet, and website services.  We have excellent download and upload performance.  Time Warner has business level services that are tailored to your needs. See their site at: http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/business-home/solutions/small-business.html

                  Best regards,

                  Richard Valenzuela, MBA

                  VZ Computer Technologies, LLC

                  www.vzcomputertechnologies.com