Re: Eastsider LA: Cedillo opposes landmark nomination for Highland P

  • Richard Harris
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2013
      Susan,

      How does protecting a building that is currently serving in its present form as a supermarket stop the neighborhood from "having better supermarkets?"

      R. Harris
    • Richard Harris
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2013
        Susan,

        These are two separate and distinct issues; one has NO EFFECT on the other.

        R. Harris
      • KES Donahue
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2013
          Sorry Susan - this is inconsequential but I still can't find the Whole Foods in South Pasadena - address please? I don't shop at Whole Foods except occasionally and I'd like to know of one closer than that on Arroyo.
          And I don't want to demean the socio-economic status of Highland Park and environs, but we aren't South Pasadena. I agree with the idea that changing the facade of Superior won't do anything for the variety of food stuffs they sell.
          One other point: When people refer to a "food desert" I don't think it refers to or includes restaurants - I could be wrong. There was a nice restaurant called All That Chaz that tried to make it in our area - first at or near the Ebell Club, then near Ave. 43, but it folded.

          -Kathy Donahue