nelalist's new look

  • christo90065
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 28, 2013
      Yahoo has updated their Groups web pages. Take a look at the new nelalist home page here: http://tinyurl.com/neotuvh

      - Chris
      moderator-nelalist
    • garzapi
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 30, 2013

        I just saw it now... stumbling around trying to figure out how to search. looks like a search is in all groups... gonna keep playing with it.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 30, 2013

          The new format is still unstable.

          Missing is the message archive search feature and the message post metrics.

          Other "moderating" features are also unavailable.

          Pretty disappointed so far.

          - ch

          --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, <garzapi@...> wrote:

          I just saw it now... stumbling around trying to figure out how to search. looks like a search is in all groups... gonna keep playing with it.

          --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, <christohoward@...> wrote:

          Yahoo has updated their Groups web pages. Take a look at the new nelalist home page here: http://tinyurl.com/neotuvh

          - Chris
          moderator-nelalist
        • Les Kaye
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 30, 2013
            A fuzzy, poorly cropped photo of Superior Market as the symbol of Northeast L.A.? Why not the Southwest Museum or Lummis Home? Or River Center? Or Center for the Arts? Or shots of Figueroa, York, Eagle Rock or Colorado Blvds?

            -LK

            On Aug 30, 2013, at 11:35 AM, <christohoward@...> wrote:

            > The new format is still unstable.
            >
            > Missing is the message archive search feature and the message post metrics.
            >
            > Other "moderating" features are also unavailable.
            >
            > Pretty disappointed so far.
            >

            > - ch
            >

            > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, <garzapi@...> wrote:
            >
            > I just saw it now... stumbling around trying to figure out how to search. looks like a search is in all groups... gonna keep playing with it.
            >

            > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, <christohoward@...> wrote:
            >
            > Yahoo has updated their Groups web pages. Take a look at the new nelalist home page here: http://tinyurl.com/neotuvh
            >
            > - Chris
            > moderator-nelalist

          • Tom Williams
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 30, 2013
              THANKS
              Chris - All can be forgiven even in NELA for al of the hard/not so hard work hat keeps it going
              Tom

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 30, 2013

                If you haven't already, the Superior Market banner image is simply a reminder to sign the online petition supporting the preservation of a piece of original Googie architecture which will otherwise be removed, taking with it an historic element of the neighborhood which will be forever lost.

                The Southwest Museum caracol tower is seen in the very right hand side of the image. It too is threatened as the Autry strategize to permanently remove the Museum contents and repurpose the building.

                - chris

                --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, <leskaye2000@...> wrote:

                A fuzzy, poorly cropped photo of Superior Market as the symbol of Northeast L.A.? Why not the Southwest Museum or Lummis Home? Or River Center? Or Center for the Arts? Or shots of Figueroa, York, Eagle Rock or Colorado Blvds?

                -LK

                On Aug 30, 2013, at 11:35 AM, <christohoward@...> wrote:

                > The new format is still unstable.
                >
                > Missing is the message archive search feature and the message post metrics.
                >
                > Other "moderating" features are also unavailable.
                >
                > Pretty disappointed so far.
                >

                > - ch
                >

                > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, <garzapi@...> wrote:
                >
                > I just saw it now... stumbling around trying to figure out how to search. looks like a search is in all groups... gonna keep playing with it.
                >

                > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, <christohoward@...> wrote:
                >
                > Yahoo has updated their Groups web pages. Take a look at the new nelalist home page here: http://tinyurl.com/neotuvh
                >
                > - Chris
                > moderator-nelalist

              • Liz Wagner
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 30, 2013

                  I agree Chris.  All your time and effort on the nelalist is much appreciated.

                  Thank you

                  liz wagner

                  yogitoes controller

                  t 310.309.2096 | f 310.309.2097

                  yogitoes.com | facebook | twitter

                  NEW Om Candy rSkidless... Play Matters!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 31, 2013
                      Hey Chris,
                      My original comment wasn't meant as a personal attack, and I certainly appreciate all your hard work on our behalf. In fact I initially assumed (without thinking) that someone from Yahoo picked the Superior market sign.

                      However quite honestly, if a daily (although more like hourly) NELA email reader such as myself didn't make the connection to the petition from the newsgroup graphic, I'm not sure if it's all that apparent. Also, The Southwest Museum is so far off that's it's barely visible.

                      My 2 cents,
                      -Les Kaye