Re: Save Highland Park's Googie Supermarket

  • jvegatrio
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
      Done, thanks.

      Cheers,
      JV

      Juan Vega

      In a message dated 8/28/2013 9:07:53 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      ollinband@... writes:

      Superior Market at Ave 45 and Figueroa, built originally in 1960 as a
      Shopper's Market, is an historic original mid-century Googie. It has been a
      visible and beloved landmark in the Sycamore Grove area for 53 years. Highland
      Park has become nationally known for significant architecture ranging from
      early craftsman to pristine Mid-Century and recent stylish architectural.
      Superior Market is a classic example of Mid-Century Googie.
      The current owners want to "modernize" it,suburbanize it. We believe it
      should be brought back to its former Googie glory and are trying to landmark
      it as an LA Historic-Cultural Monument. That fate is in the hands of our
      new Councilman, Gil Cedillo. Please sign this petition to let Councilman
      Cedillo that we want our Googie Market.

      Nillo

      Sign the Petition here: http://chn.ge/1dnMT4X
    • christo90065
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
        Remember to "Like" this petition on FB too!

        Chris

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
          Eastsider LA article from earlier this summer

          http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2013/05/highland-park-preservationists-rally-to-save-a-googie-style-supermarket/

          - chris

          --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "ollinband" <ollinband@...> wrote:

          > Superior Market at Ave 45 and Figueroa, built originally in 1960 as a Shopper's Market, is an historic original mid-century Googie. It has been a visible and beloved landmark in the Sycamore Grove area for 53 years. Highland Park has become nationally known for significant architecture ranging from early craftsman to pristine Mid-Century and recent stylish architectural. Superior Market is a classic example of Mid-Century Googie.
          > The current owners want to "modernize" it,suburbanize it. We believe it should be brought back to it's former Googie glory and are trying to landmark it as an LA Historic-Cultural Monument. That fate is in the hands of our new Councilman, Gil Cedillo. Please sign this petition to let Councilman Cedillo that we want our Googie Market.
          >
          > Nillo
          >

          > Sign the Petition here: http://chn.ge/1dnMT4X

        • Ollin Band
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
            I didn't see the earlier article but hopefully they'll update it about the petition, especially now there's a new Councilman.
            As of 11:30 we're up to 85 signatures.   Hope to get several hundred by the end of labor day weekend.

            Nillo
          • Ollin Band
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
              Yes.  LIKE!!!!!!!