Field Work and Evening Strolls in Northeast L.A. - KCET

  • Christopher Howard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2013
      by Christina Davis
      on June 27, 2013

      As an intern for the Northeast Los Angeles Riverfront Collaborative, I have been tasked with administering community surveys to residents in the study area, a region that encompasses Atwater Village, Glassell Park, Lincoln Heights, Elysian Valley, and Cypress Park. Three days a week I hit the streets with a well-rehearsed pitch and an eager smile. The goal is to convince residents to spend 15 minutes with me, answering questions that range from the L.A. River to transportation to food accessibility. While the Project Leaders refer to this time as "field work", I like to think of it as an evening stroll, a chance for me to escape the buzz of the main streets and methodically explore the neighborhoods, connecting with several residents along the way.

      more...

      http://www.kcet.org/socal/departures/nela/intern-notes/field-work-and-evening-strolls-in-northeast-la.html

      posted to nelalist by c howard