RE: Plumber recommendation

  • Nancy Lilly
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 29, 2013
      I am very happy to recommend Alex Capra (Capra Plumbing)....his cell # is
      323-842-0177......He was recommended to me when I had a bad back-up with my
      kitchen sink, I contacted him that evening and he was here the next morning,
      did an excellent and efficient repair job and his price was far more
      reasonable than I expected.

      Nancy Lilly
    • stuart
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 29, 2013
        Call Angus at Budnicks construction � or Harlan's Plumbing�http://www.yelp.com/biz/harlans-plumbing-los-angelesstuart
      • Robert Stewart
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1 12:48 AM
          very good!

          Robert

          On Jun 29, 2013, at 4:15 PM, Nancy Lilly wrote:

          > I am very happy to recommend Alex Capra (Capra Plumbing)....his cell # is
          > 323-842-0177......He was recommended to me when I had a bad back-up with my
          > kitchen sink, I contacted him that evening and he was here the next morning,
          > did an excellent and efficient repair job and his price was far more
          > reasonable than I expected.
          >
          > Nancy Lilly

        • Walter
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1 5:02 PM
            I use Jose Vidaurri for Plumbing, Painting, Repairs. Below is his contact and his web site where you can see some of the work he's done. He does quality work at reasonable rates.

            Jose E. Vidaurri
            (213) 247-5572
            http://prepandpaint.wordpress.com/

            - Walter

            --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Les Kaye <leskaye2000@...> wrote:

            > There were recommendations back in March for a plumber/handyman, but it was for a rather small faucet job. I may (or may not) have a more serious need. I also checked the database, but it's pretty basic.
            >
            > I'm not sure if this is normal, but after over 22 years in a then new house, I'm finding some of the drains to be IMHO, a bit sluggish. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's a big deal, so…
            >
            > Recommendations for a plumber (or handyman) who's equipped to deal for this type of problem? Also, the database listed Chuck & Maureen Brown who are unlicensed. Would that be any kind of issue?
            >
            > Thanks as always,
            > -Les Kaye

          • Les Kaye
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 2 2:10 AM
              I didn't have a problem with the database, just that a little more detail about each plumber would have been helpful. Since I'm not asking you to completely revamp the site - thus my request here.

              In any case, thanks Chris.

              -Les Kaye

              On Jun 29, 2013, at 3:50 PM, christo90065 <christohoward@...> wrote:

              > Hi Les,
              >
              > Regarding recommendations for a plumber;
              >
              > Try searching the web using "nelalist" and "plumber" as the search terms.
              >
              > The nelalist "database" isn't maintained but the entire 13 years of nelalist messages and recommendations are archived and searchable.

              > Just type nelalist into Google or another internet search engine and type into the search field on the nelalist home page.
              >
              > Best,
              >
              > chris
              > moderator-nelalist
              >
              > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Les Kaye <leskaye2000@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > There were recommendations back in March for a plumber/handyman, but it was for a rather small faucet job. I may (or may not) have a more serious need. I also checked the database, but it's pretty basic.
              > >
              > > I'm not sure if this is normal, but after over 22 years in a then new house, I'm finding some of the drains to be IMHO, a bit sluggish. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's a big deal, so…
              > >
              > > Recommendations for a plumber (or handyman) who's equipped to deal for this type of problem? Also, the database listed Chuck & Maureen Brown who are unlicensed. Would that be any kind of issue?
              > >
              > > Thanks as always,
              > > -Les Kaye

            • Les Kaye
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 3 1:56 AM
                Thanks everyone for the recommendations and to Ray Bacon for the additional advice. Will post an update when it's done.
                -Les
              • AngelicaG
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 30 3:22 PM
                  Elisa,

                  Thank you for posting Luis Alba's information. I hired him to do some work and was very happy with his workmanship and honesty.

                  Angelica