Plumber recommendation

  • Les Kaye
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 28 5:24 PM
      There were recommendations back in March for a plumber/handyman, but it was for a rather small faucet job. I may (or may not) have a more serious need. I also checked the database, but it's pretty basic.

      I'm not sure if this is normal, but after over 22 years in a then new house, I'm finding some of the drains to be IMHO, a bit sluggish. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's a big deal, so…

      Recommendations for a plumber (or handyman) who's equipped to deal for this type of problem? Also, the database listed Chuck & Maureen Brown who are unlicensed. Would that be any kind of issue?

      Thanks as always,
      -Les Kaye
    • christo90065
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 29 3:50 PM
        Hi Les,

        Regarding recommendations for a plumber;

        Try searching the web using "nelalist" and "plumber" as the search terms.

        The nelalist "database" isn't maintained but the entire 13 years of nelalist messages and recommendations are archived and searchable.

        Just type nelalist into Google or another internet search engine and type into the search field on the nelalist home page.

        Best,

        chris
        moderator-nelalist

        --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Les Kaye <leskaye2000@...> wrote:

        > There were recommendations back in March for a plumber/handyman, but it was for a rather small faucet job. I may (or may not) have a more serious need. I also checked the database, but it's pretty basic.
        >
        > I'm not sure if this is normal, but after over 22 years in a then new house, I'm finding some of the drains to be IMHO, a bit sluggish. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's a big deal, so…
        >
        > Recommendations for a plumber (or handyman) who's equipped to deal for this type of problem? Also, the database listed Chuck & Maureen Brown who are unlicensed. Would that be any kind of issue?
        >
        > Thanks as always,
        > -Les Kaye

      • Elisa Ann Conant
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 29 3:57 PM
          I have successfully used Luis Plumbing in the past.. Very nice..
          reasonable...hard worker.. 313-200-6132..honest.. lives in Eagle
          Rock-Highland Park area...

          Elisa Ann Conant

          On Jun 29, 2013 3:44 PM, "Les Kaye" <leskaye2000@...> wrote:

          > There were recommendations back in March for a plumber/handyman, but it
          > was for a rather small faucet job. I may (or may not) have a more serious
          > need. I also checked the database, but it's pretty basic.
          >
          > I'm not sure if this is normal, but after over 22 years in a then new
          > house, I'm finding some of the drains to be IMHO, a bit sluggish. Maybe
          > it's nothing, maybe it's a big deal, so…
          >
          > Recommendations for a plumber (or handyman) who's equipped to deal for
          > this type of problem? Also, the database listed Chuck & Maureen Brown who
          > are unlicensed. Would that be any kind of issue?
          >
          > Thanks as always,
          > -Les Kaye
          >

          > ------------------------------------

        • Ray Bacon
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 29 3:58 PM
            Les,

            Sluggish drains are usually (often as not) caused by accumulated hair, or
            maybe invasive roots outside of the house.

            You don't need a licensed and professional plumber, but a trained employee
            of a licensed plumber would give you some recourse if you're not happy with
            the job.

            You probably need basic cleanouts past your sink "elbows," or further if
            sluggishness persists.

            --Ray B

            On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Les Kaye <leskaye2000@...>wrote:

            > There were recommendations back in March for a plumber/handyman, but it
            > was for a rather small faucet job. I may (or may not) have a more serious
            > need. I also checked the database, but it's pretty basic.
            >
            > I'm not sure if this is normal, but after over 22 years in a then new
            > house, I'm finding some of the drains to be IMHO, a bit sluggish. Maybe
            > it's nothing, maybe it's a big deal, so…
            >
            > Recommendations for a plumber (or handyman) who's equipped to deal for
            > this type of problem? Also, the database listed Chuck & Maureen Brown who
            > are unlicensed. Would that be any kind of issue?
            >
            > Thanks as always,
            > -Les Kaye
            >

            > ------------------------------------

          • Nancy Lilly
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 29 4:15 PM
              I am very happy to recommend Alex Capra (Capra Plumbing)....his cell # is
              323-842-0177......He was recommended to me when I had a bad back-up with my
              kitchen sink, I contacted him that evening and he was here the next morning,
              did an excellent and efficient repair job and his price was far more
              reasonable than I expected.

              Nancy Lilly
            • stuart
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 29 5:14 PM
                Call Angus at Budnicks construction � or Harlan's Plumbing�http://www.yelp.com/biz/harlans-plumbing-los-angelesstuart
              • Gwendolyn Thomas
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 29 6:42 PM
                  I do know some who could do the job
                  David Thomas who lives in Montico Heights�
                  You can call him any time�
                  323 842 3182 Cell
                  Tell him Gwendolyn told you�

                  _

                  On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Les Kaye <leskaye2000@...>wrote:

                  > There were recommendations back in March for a plumber/handyman, but it
                  > was for a rather small faucet job. I may (or may not) have a more serious
                  > need. I also checked the database, but it's pretty basic.
                  >
                  > I'm not sure if this is normal, but after over 22 years in a then new
                  > house, I'm finding some of the drains to be IMHO, a bit sluggish. Maybe
                  > it's nothing, maybe it's a big deal, so…
                  >
                  > Recommendations for a plumber (or handyman) who's equipped to deal for
                  > this type of problem? Also, the database listed Chuck & Maureen Brown who
                  > are unlicensed. Would that be any kind of issue?
                  >
                  > Thanks as always,
                  > -Les Kaye
                  >

                  > ------------------------------------

                  ------------------------------------

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • Elizabeth Wagner
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 29 7:11 PM
                    We have used Olsen rooter for years with our root issues. We need them to come out once a year and give our roots a "haircut". This is all they do so the never try to sell you on more work that you may or may not need. If they say you need more work/pipe replacement then you likely do need it.
                    I am out and don't have there number on me but they are based in Burbank or north Hollywood. Easy to find.

                    Liz
                  • Sue Bray
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 29 8:37 PM
                      Frank Cvian
                      818-261-4362

                      Good work, reasonable price. He is a licensed plumber

                      Sue

                      --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Les Kaye <leskaye2000@...> wrote:

                      > There were recommendations back in March for a plumber/handyman, but it was for a rather small faucet job. I may (or may not) have a more serious need. I also checked the database, but it's pretty basic.
                      >
                      > I'm not sure if this is normal, but after over 22 years in a then new house, I'm finding some of the drains to be IMHO, a bit sluggish. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's a big deal, so…
                      >
                      > Recommendations for a plumber (or handyman) who's equipped to deal for this type of problem? Also, the database listed Chuck & Maureen Brown who are unlicensed. Would that be any kind of issue?
                      >
                      > Thanks as always,
                      > -Les Kaye

                      ------------------------------------

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • Suzanne Smith
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 30 9:57 AM
                        Ralph Gonzalez 818-454-6773 is a terrific plumber - reliable, reasonably
                        priced, and extremely honest. He won't try to upsell you on services you
                        don't need, and if it's something he can't handle, he'll tell you. He's
                        very, very nice and incredibly neat (my bathroom is always cleaner after
                        he leaves!) He lives in Eagle Rock and services the metro LA area.

                        Suzanne Smith
                      • Robert Stewart
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 1, 2013
                          very good!

                          Robert

                          On Jun 29, 2013, at 4:15 PM, Nancy Lilly wrote:

                          > I am very happy to recommend Alex Capra (Capra Plumbing)....his cell # is
                          > 323-842-0177......He was recommended to me when I had a bad back-up with my
                          > kitchen sink, I contacted him that evening and he was here the next morning,
                          > did an excellent and efficient repair job and his price was far more
                          > reasonable than I expected.
                          >
                          > Nancy Lilly

                        • Walter
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 1, 2013
                            I use Jose Vidaurri for Plumbing, Painting, Repairs. Below is his contact and his web site where you can see some of the work he's done. He does quality work at reasonable rates.

                            Jose E. Vidaurri
                            (213) 247-5572
                            http://prepandpaint.wordpress.com/

                            - Walter

                            --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Les Kaye <leskaye2000@...> wrote:

                            > There were recommendations back in March for a plumber/handyman, but it was for a rather small faucet job. I may (or may not) have a more serious need. I also checked the database, but it's pretty basic.
                            >
                            > I'm not sure if this is normal, but after over 22 years in a then new house, I'm finding some of the drains to be IMHO, a bit sluggish. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's a big deal, so…
                            >
                            > Recommendations for a plumber (or handyman) who's equipped to deal for this type of problem? Also, the database listed Chuck & Maureen Brown who are unlicensed. Would that be any kind of issue?
                            >
                            > Thanks as always,
                            > -Les Kaye

                          • Les Kaye
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 2, 2013
                              I didn't have a problem with the database, just that a little more detail about each plumber would have been helpful. Since I'm not asking you to completely revamp the site - thus my request here.

                              In any case, thanks Chris.

                              -Les Kaye

                              On Jun 29, 2013, at 3:50 PM, christo90065 <christohoward@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Les,
                              >
                              > Regarding recommendations for a plumber;
                              >
                              > Try searching the web using "nelalist" and "plumber" as the search terms.
                              >
                              > The nelalist "database" isn't maintained but the entire 13 years of nelalist messages and recommendations are archived and searchable.

                              > Just type nelalist into Google or another internet search engine and type into the search field on the nelalist home page.
                              >
                              > Best,
                              >
                              > chris
                              > moderator-nelalist
                              >
                              > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Les Kaye <leskaye2000@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > There were recommendations back in March for a plumber/handyman, but it was for a rather small faucet job. I may (or may not) have a more serious need. I also checked the database, but it's pretty basic.
                              > >
                              > > I'm not sure if this is normal, but after over 22 years in a then new house, I'm finding some of the drains to be IMHO, a bit sluggish. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's a big deal, so…
                              > >
                              > > Recommendations for a plumber (or handyman) who's equipped to deal for this type of problem? Also, the database listed Chuck & Maureen Brown who are unlicensed. Would that be any kind of issue?
                              > >
                              > > Thanks as always,
                              > > -Les Kaye

                            • Les Kaye
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 3, 2013
                                Thanks everyone for the recommendations and to Ray Bacon for the additional advice. Will post an update when it's done.
                                -Les
                              • AngelicaG
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                                  Elisa,

                                  Thank you for posting Luis Alba's information. I hired him to do some work and was very happy with his workmanship and honesty.

                                  Angelica