Re: Insurance in an Era of Climate Change

  • car2532002
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23, 2013
      Consumers are often wrong when they think something is covered by insurance when it is not. Consumers need to educate themselves on their insurance coverages and make sure they get the coverages they need. Not everyone has the same needs. Of course it also helps to have a very good insurance agent to help advise consumers. I know that personally.

      There are good insurance agents and companies and bad ones. Customers need to do research to find good insurance agents and/or companies. Most people do more research looking for a good television or computer than looking for a good insurance agent or company which is way more important than a store purchase.

      And, jumping from company to company is a bad idea. You never get to build up a relationship with your insurance agent. That is an important relationship because when you have a claim that person knows you and should be there for you.

      Don't buy insurance based on price. Big mistake. Get referrals from friends and others.

      Customers also need to ask questions. But ultimately it is up to the consumer to choose what coverages they want and the insurance agent or company they want.

      Bottom line: Don't buy insurance based on price, find an insurance agent you are comfortable with and stick with them, do research on the coverages you need. Get good advice from your insurance agent, it's free. All this avoids a lot of problems.

      Susan